This simple wrap comes together in under 30 minutes and is incredibly healthy, filling, and hearty!
Jason and I used to eat out nearly every day of the week before I became a blogger who stayed at home. It was much easier to eat out than cook at home and then do the dishes afterward. After a while, the cost increased, and I began to gain weight. This blog was created to help me save money while also creating a healthier lifestyle for my entire family.
For September, I have teamed up to support Meal Plan Awareness. We want to show home cooks that they can plan delicious, healthy meals in just 30 minutes. This is faster than eating out for one dinner! It cannot be easy to prepare meals, but with the proper tools and knowledge, you will have all you need to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
These super-easy turkey lettuce wraps are a great place to start.
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- Ground turkey – 1 pound
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- One small onion diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- Freshly grated Ginger, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Green onions, thinly cut into 3
- One head of butter lettuce
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Pour in the ground turkey, and cook for 3-5 minutes until it is browned. Crumble the turkey while cooking, and drain any excess fat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic to the pan. Stir frequently and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the hoisin, Ginger, soy, and ground turkey. Add the rice and green onion and gently combine.
- Serve by spooning several tablespoons into the middle of a leaf of lettuce, taco style.