This protein-packed quinoa salad has been brightened with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and mango. It is balanced with tart vinegar and refreshing mint.
It’s always 90+ degrees in LA. I don’t even know how the weather is out there. Single. Day. It’s too hot even to go outside. Only when we run out of milk, or I drag myself to the gymnasium do I venture out? We stay in the apartment and blast the AC.
While the heatwave continues, I do my best to turn off the oven. This fruit salad is the answer. This quinoa-packed salad is ready in 10 minutes without using the stove. This salad is packed with protein and is also incredibly nutritious. This is the perfect way to stay cool in this hot summer!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- One mango, diced and peeled
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Pine nuts, two tablespoons
- Mint leaves chopped for garnish
For the LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice 3 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 Tablespoon
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, apple vinegar, sugar, lemon juice and zest, and lemon zest.
- Combine quinoa with mango, strawberries, berries, and pine nuts in a large bowl. Add lemon vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately with garnished mint leaves.