This quick and easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s also packed with vegetables!
Pesto is one of my favorites. It’s so simple to make and versatile.
This pasta dish was one of my favorite weeknight meals. I added some simple ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, roasted vegetables, and mozzarella cubes to the pesto, then topped it with a fried yolk.
The pesto is stuck in the pasta’s crevices.
This dish is just as tasty as leftovers from work if it’s not even better. The mozzarella cubes get all melted and gooey gooey between the pasta.
- 8 ounces of medium-shell pasta
- 1 pound of asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Sun-dried tomatoes sliced in 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced mozzarella cubes
- Fried egg for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Oil baking sheets lightly or spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Place the asparagus in one layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle olive oil over asparagus, then gently mix. Place in oven for 8-12 minutes or until crisp but tender. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 1-inch-sized pieces.
- Combine pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and pesto in a large mixing bowl.
- If desired, serve immediately with a fried egg.