This easy and quick vegetarian noodle recipe is ready in 20 minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
I wish I had scheduled my blog posts in advance of traveling. As I tend to procrastinate until the last minute, I am actually writing this blog post on my phone on a bus on my way from Iowa to a cornfield.
It’s not true, but I am having an amazing time in Iowa and can’t wait to show you all my photos when I get back. There’s a small part of me who wants to live in Iowa for the rest of my life. From beer tastings to wine glasses by a warm fire, I love it all! However, I need some boots because I seem to be the only LA girl wearing flip-flops.
Before I go running around the cornfields taking pictures, I need to share with you one of my favorite weeknight meals. This super simple and easy soba noodles dish is ready in only 20 minutes. With a tangy dressing, crunchy tofu cubes, and crushed peanuts, this dish is packed with protein!
- Soba 1 pound
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- Sesame Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Brown sugar, two teaspoons
- Sesame seeds, one tablespoon
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Tofu cubes, one package of 14-ounce firm tofu
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- One clove of garlic pressed
- Freshly grated Ginger, one teaspoon
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Crushed peanuts for serving
- Sriracha is used for a variety of dishes
- Cook noodles in a large pot with boiling water according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside.
- In a small dish, whisk together the rice vinegar, sesame seed oil, sesame sauce, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Tofu should be added and cooked until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside. Add the cabbage, Ginger, and garlic to the pan and stir frequently until it is tender. This should take about 1-2 mins.
- Combine noodles, rice vinegar mixture, tofu, and cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve immediately with Sriracha and peanuts if you like.