Win-win chicken dinner! One pan meal. It’s also a low-carb cheesy meal that the entire family can enjoy on a busy night!
For the last 72 hours, I have been eating Korean street food.
It’s been amazing.
- Four skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- One 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- One tablespoon of dried basil
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Half a teaspoon of dried parsley
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Season the chicken to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large pan. Cook chicken, flipping it once, for about 4-5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Stirring frequently, add the garlic to the pan, and cook until fragrant. This should take about 1-2 mins.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil oregano parsley, and red pepper flakes; season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bring sauce to a rolling boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low, occasionally stirring, for 15-20 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Add mozzarella and mini-pepperonis.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown and melted approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with basil garnish, if desired.