The ultimate chicken sando is made with golden brown chicken meatballs paired up with fixings such as cucumbers, shallots, and kewpie sauce, along with mint, chili crisp, mint, and fresh cilantro.
It’s surprisingly easy to put together, especially when you use a Blitzer such as this guy (affiliate links) for the meatball mix-ins. You can eat the meatballs straight from the pan as an “appetizer” before building the sandwich. My bread of choice might seem a little low-brow, but I love the pillowy, store-bought naan. All this goodness stuffed into a sandwich and then folded up… oof. It’s really, really good.
Ginger Chicken Meatballs:
- 2 Cloves You can also find out more about the following:
- One serrano pepper Removed stem
- One can find out more about this by clicking here. 1 The -inch piece is made of ginger Peeled
- A bunch of fresh cilantro
- Three teaspoons of fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- One tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Take a pinch of salt
- Four pieces of Soft bread – soft French bread, flatbreads like pitas or naan
- 1/2 Mayo You can also find out more about kewpie.
- 1 Cucumber Sliced
- 1 Sliced shallot. You can also find out more about Red onion
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 mint leaves
- 2 Tablespoons chili crisp* You can also find out more about sriracha
- Garlic, serrano peppers, fresh cilantro, and ginger can be minced in a food processor or small chopper.
- The mixture is added to a large serving bowl. Mix with the ground chicken, fish sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch. They will be wet, but that is okay. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Heat oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the pan and allow them to begin cooking.
- Wear an apron, and be ready with your lid! Cover the pan with a lid and allow the meatballs to cook for several minutes. Undo the cover, flip it over, and then repeat. The meatballs need to be golden brown, cooked through, and tender within 10 minutes.
- Warm the bread until it is soft. Top with meatballs and garnish with sliced cucumbers, shallots, cilantro, mint, and chili crisp. It’s messy, saucy and utterly delicious.