All caps required. I love the SOS recipes, but this recipe is my absolute favorite.
Shrimp that is tender, sweet, and juicy and cooks in just five minutes tastes great and makes a perfect SOS meal. There you have it.
Second, the creamy orange sauce with chipotle. WUT. You’ll love it. Who knew? The combination of orange zest, chipotle, and cream is surprising and comforting. The sauce is spicy, yes, but also luscious, cozy, and comforting. Heavy whipping cream elevates the dish to a new level, and a heap of steaming hot rice can never be uncomfortably warm. The cucumbers add a zesty kick to the plate and help cut through the richness. This recipe is amazing. Did I already say that?
Ingredients we’re working with today
This recipe is similar to Harissa Meatballs With Whipped Feta. Never fear; nothing is hard. It’s not overwhelming. Components are kept short.
Some pantry staples, such as salt, garlic oil, and vinegar, round out this complete and totally spicy shrimp miracle.
If you need even more shortcuts – skip the cucumbers in favor of an easy, no-cutting-board-required side salad. Or use cauliflower rice or pre-cooked rice. If you have five extra minutes, it is worth it to cook your rice and slice up the cucumber.
This creamy, spicy, saucy goodness makes me want to cry.
Chipotle Orange Sauce
- One chipotle pepper Half of One can find out more about this by clicking here. Pepper, for a milder version)
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 2 Cloves You can also find out more about the following:
- Half a teaspoon Salt
- Zest of One can find out more about this by clicking here. Orange
Shrimp with Rice:
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
- Half a teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 white rice. I like long-grain or jasmine rice.
- 1/2 cilantro
- 2 Small Businesses Cucumbers (or One can find out more about this by clicking here. Large, thinly sliced
- One tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- One tablespoon Sugar
- Half a teaspoon Salt
- Cucumbers: Mix all cucumber ingredients. Set aside.
- Sauce: Blend the sauce ingredients until they are mostly smooth. But don’t overblend! Notes:
- Rice Prepare rice as directed on the package. Add cilantro and salt according to taste. (Optional: add lime or orange juice if you like citrusy goodness).
- Shrimp Heat oil on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with cumin and some salt and pepper.
- Finish. Add sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve the shrimp with rice and a salad or fresh cucumbers.