These banh mi hot dogs are loaded with pickled cucumbers, pickled carrots, and jalapenos. Coriander, crushed peanuts, and Sriracha.
I hope these recipes don’t make you sick! It’s the third one I have posted, but I really love hot dogs. Especially around this time of the year, when you can throw them on a grill and be creative with toppings.
Hebrew National Hot Dogs are a must for Labor Day. We will stock up our fridge with a variety of hot dogs for Labor Day. So, each guest can create their own customized hot dog. For those who aren’t sure, I will also offer pre-made S Hawaiian hotdogs with mango salsa and riracha hot dogs. A hot dog party will be a great way to celebrate the last of summer before pumpkin and peppermint recipes flood Pinterest.
This Vietnamese-inspired hot dog is a last-minute addition to our Labor Day Menu. As a Bahn mi fan, I have wanted to make this since the summer began but never got around to making it. Martha Stewart’s recipe made these hot dogs in just 20 minutes. I was worried it would take too long to prepare. You can organize everything else while the carrots are being pickled in vinegar and sugar. After your hot dogs have those beautiful grill marks, place them on the hot dog buns. Add a generous amount of pickled carrots. If you’re a spicy daredevil, add some jalapenos. Crush peanuts. And, of course, Sriracha.
If you love the Vietnamese sandwich banh mi, then these hot dogs will be a hit! Even if you aren’t, you will still enjoy this spicy, tangy, and refreshing hot dog recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons of vinegar
- One teaspoon of sugar
- Two carrots shredded
- Six Hebrew National Hot Dogs
- Six hot dog buns
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- One jalapeno thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Sriracha is used for serving.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and vinegar together. Stir in carrots; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add the hot dogs to grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the hot dogs to each bun and top with cucumber, carrots, cilantro, jalapenos, or Sriracha if you wish.
- Serve immediately