Still drowning in zucchini? Friends, we’ve got your back! Let us introduce you to a delicious and easy way to utilize it: baked zucchini with vegan Parmesan cheese. We are HUGE fans.
They are deliciously cheesy and herby. These squash slices are delicious with proteins and pasta, but they also make a great snack on their own. One pan, Five ingredients, and Twenty minutes are all that’s needed. We’ll show you exactly how to make it!
To ensure an even caramelization and cooking, the zucchini must be sliced thinly and evenly.
Then, we toss in the zucchini slices with avocado oil and season them with salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, oregano, and garlic powder for an easy, savory, + herbaceous seasoning.
Then, sprinkle the DIY vegan cheese on each side to add extra richness and saltiness. Sprinkle the vegan parmesan on the zucchini to help it adhere better than when it is mixed with other seasonings.
The golden round zucchinis are ready for you to dip into your favorite sauce after baking. Our top choices are marinara or Ranch. ).
- Slice one large zucchini thinly (350g or 3 cups)
- Half a tablespoon of avocado oil (or another neutral, high-heat oil)
- Use 1/4 teaspoon each of sea salt and pepper
- Garlic powder 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian herbs (optional // or basil + oregano)
- 3 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
Optional FOR SERVING
- Vegan ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C) and prepare a large baking pan. You can increase the caramelization by using your convection oven setting. These will still taste great if you don’t have a convection setting.
- Slice the zucchini thinly (1/6 inch slices) as evenly as you can to ensure an even cooking.
- Add the zucchini slices to the baking pan and drizzle with avocado oil. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder (optional). Toss until spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread zucchini slices evenly on a baking sheet (you may need to use more than one). Sprinkle with half the vegan parmesan. Flip the pieces gently and sprinkle with the rest of the vegan parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip with a spatula or fork and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the zucchini is lightly browned and crispy on both sides. They can quickly go from crisp to burnt if you don’t watch them closely.
- They are delicious on their own or with marinara and vegan Ranch.
- Fresh from the oven is best. Not suitable for freezing.