Who doesn’t dream (and love) Granola?! It’s finally here! And it’s even better than we imagined. It’s sweet and undeniably chunky. And it’s bursting with warming Chai spice (we are ready for your fall)!
You can eat your Granola either with milk or yogurt. We hope you enjoy this recipe! This Granola is gluten-free, Vegan, naturally sweetened, and only ten ingredients are needed. Let’s get granola-ing!
Origins of Chai
Masala Chai is a spicy, creamy tea that is most popular in India. However, it is becoming more and more popular around the globe. Spices used in the tea vary according to recipe but include cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom.
This Granola is flavored with chai, which has a spicy, sweet, and warming flavor. It’s crunchy and perfect for snacking.
How to make Chai-Spiced Granola
Sugar and spice are the perfect ingredients for this Granola. The ground ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon provide the chai flavor. Maple syrup and almond butter provide a creamy base (and are oil-free). YUM.
We add coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, or pecans to the creamy base. This delicious treat is also rich in healthy fats, fiber, and minerals (hello, Magnesium). Win-win!
After mixing, transfer the mixture onto a baking tray and bake it until it is fragrant and toasty!
Enjoy the Granola straight from the oven, or keep it in an airtight container for up to a month whenever you want it!
- Almond butter (or any other nut/seed Butter of your choice): 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon 5 tsp
- 2-3 tsp ground ginger
- Cardamom ground to 1 tsp
- Roll oats, 1 1/2 cups (as needed gluten-free)
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line standard-size baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the almond butter with maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the oats and walnuts or pecans. Also, add coconut and pumpkin seeds. Mix until well-coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet (add additional baking sheets if you are increasing the batch size). Watch it carefully towards the end to avoid burning. Bake for 20-25 mins. When the Granola has darkened and becomes fragrant, you’ll know that it’s ready.
- Note: Tossing the Granola during baking will make it more crumbly. If you prefer a chunkier granola, you can toss/stir at the halfway mark to break the clumps.
- Remove the Granola from the oven once it is visibly browned. Gently toss the Granola to allow the heat to escape. Cool completely in the bowl or on a baking sheet.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 month or in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.