The summer panzanella salad that started as a simple, refreshing, and delicious salad transformed into the creamiest, zingiest, and most delicious summer salad. We substituted the bread croutons with Crispy Barbecue Chickpeas, which are super flavorful and add lots of fiber and plant-based protein. We skipped the greens in favor of a rainbow-colored mix of fresh veggies and pineapple to maximize flavor.
It’s a simple, delicious dressing: just lime juice, tahini and coconut aminos. It’s magical! It’s zingy, savory, and salty with a natural sweetness. Perfection! This marriage is on another level. It only takes 25 minutes. We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
This Summer Salad is Easy to Make
This salad contains fresh, crunchy seasonal produce such as corn, zucchini, red bell peppers, green beans, and radishes. Pineapple brings a natural sweetness and fruity element that will take this salad to the next level.
The couldn’t-be-easier dressing can be made by whisking tahini, lime juice, and coconut aminos together for a salty-sweet flavor, along with salt and pepper.
- One batch of Crispy BBQ Chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- Half a cup of lime juice
- 6 Tbsp tahini
- Use one pinch of each black pepper and sea salt
- Green beans chopped into half-inch pieces, 1 cup
- Red bell peppers, chopped into half-inch pieces.
- Cut 1 cup of zucchini into pieces that are 1/2 inch wide (or substitute cucumber).
- Cut radishes into half-inch pieces.
- Fresh corn kernels and cut off the cob.
- You can substitute other summer fruits, such as mango or stone fruit.
- Prepare the Crispy Barbeque Chickpeas first. Start the salad while they are baking in the oven!
- Add the coconut aminos to a large bowl. Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and tahini and whisk together until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to your taste. You can also add lime juice or coconut aminos if you want a stronger flavor.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, green beans, zucchini, corn and pineapple. Gently stir to coat the salad ingredients evenly with the dressing. While you are finishing the Crispy BBQ Chickpeas, place your salad in the fridge.
- Add the chickpeas to the salad once they have cooled. The salad can be eaten on its own or with other barbecue classics like vegan hamburgers or potato salad.
- Fresh is best. Store chickpeas separately from the salad if you are preparing ahead. Salad can be stored in the fridge for three days, and chickpeas can be kept at room temperature in a container sealed with a lid for 4-to five days.